Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My new obsession

I'm on spring break this week. Sad to say I don't have any earth-shattering fun plans other than to hopefully secure a summer job for myself. But then again, that's not really "fun" so technically I don't have any plans. In an effort to update my blog, however, I thought I would share something I really really love. Welcome to the world of digital scrapbooking....

I've never loved the idea of old fashioned scrapbooking because the thought of sitting down and cutting, pasting, and working on tedious little details sort of stresses me out. I DO however love to organize pictures in a clean, stream-lined way. In high school I was the photo-editor for the yearbook my senior year. I think that's when I started to love to work with digital pictures and create things. Now they have all of these free programs that let you make digital photo books. My sister-in-law Lisa made a wedding book on blurb.com and it turned out amazing! I love how something so personal can look so professional. When I got home from my mission I decided I wanted to make a book of all my mission pictures, and digital scrapbooking sounded like the perfect route! Plus, I couldn't imagine doing everything by hand the old fashioned way. I have literally thousands of mission pictures and I think I not only saved time and money, but also a lot of stress and hair pulling. I'm almost done with my book and it's 200 pages long! I'm so excited and can't wait for it to be finished.:)

When my dear sweet nephew Jack was born my mom asked me to print off some of the pictures from the day he was born. I thought it would be way cuter to just make a quick little photo book instead! Here are some pictures of the book, called "Baby Jack." Lisa and Jim, we made one for you too!







Some of the websites you can use to make photo books are:
blurb.com (my favorite...thanks to Lisa for finding it!!!)
photobucket.com
shutterfly.com

2 comments:

joanie fairbank said...

Meg- very cute book. I love blurb too! I made a book for my parents and for my boys. Little Jack is so cute! We should have a digital scrapbook party sometime:)

Jim and Lisa said...

Very cute! I love it and I love the song you put in!! Perfect.